Sunday, February 13, 2011

Family

Lindsey,
It was 120% wonderful to get to talk to you for a full uninterupted hour(+) the other day. Something about just hearing your voice makes me feel better and connected to you. Plus, lets be real. When I type it makes me think about what I'm saying before I say it and when I have to sensor anything coming out of my head I feel like it just doesn't come out quite the same. Blessing some days, curses on others. :) BUT it makes me very much who I am.
I have been thinking a lot about the complexities you are dealing with-choosing to go home or not is first on my mind. The more I think about it I think it will be good. Sometimes I forget how healing family and home can be. We went home to PC today and visited the family for Valentine's day. It was a refreshing start. I have been feeling so ill lately and something about being home fixed me, for just a little while anyways.
Can I just say how proud of you I am? You get up every morning and have some adventure waiting for you. It would be so easy to just scramble back under the covers and say "Poo Poo world, I'm staying here today." But you forge onward, and upward. You are really an amazing woman. We've talked a lot about a lot of things over the years and I can't think of one moment where you have complained. Really. Maybe you have, but my brain won't let me associate the two! You are my Lindsey! You are a STAR! a bright and shining beacon. I hope you see that everytime you look in a reflective surface.
I love you. Though the words are simple, they are real. I hope you know how many of us love you every second of every day. We do, and I'm just hear to tell you.
Whatever you choose will be the right thing. I know it. Time is an amazing healer, and even though it seems like some days we just don't have enough of it, the truth is we do. We have eternity. Woot. I can't wait to be in heaven with you where we will be neighbors. I will come over and we will make cookies and then eat them all and not gain an ounce of weight. Then we will go snowboarding in warm snow. You coming?
Have an awesome Valentine's day. Because valentine's day isn't for saying I love you. It's for saying I love US. (thank you Hallmark)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jess. One thing I love about the written word is that it just keeps on giving, an hour, a day, a month later.

    Dang it I have a crush on my adorable but super-flirt date Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete